(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - Fawzi Barhoum, a Hamas spokesman, has denied that his movement was engaged in direct or indirect talks with Israel over ending its six-year blockade of the Gaza Strip.Barhoum said, in a press release published on his Facebook page on Saturday, that what the Israeli media had published in this regard was nothing more than follow up on the calm agreement that was brokered with Egyptian mediation.He said that the (Hamas-controlled) government in Gaza was maintaining talks with Egyptian officials to discuss implementation of articles in the calm agreement including opening crossings and entry of goods and construction materials.Palestinian resistance factions concluded a calm agreement with Israel through Egyptian mediation late last year following the Israeli aggression on the coastal enclave./129
16 February 2013 - 20:30
News ID: 391642
Barhoum said, in a press release published on his Facebook page on Saturday, that what the Israeli media had published in this regard was nothing more than follow up on the calm agreement that was brokered with Egyptian mediation.