3 December 2010 - 20:30

Bombs targeting Iranian pilgrims exploded in Baghdad on Saturday, killing at least eight people and wounding more than two dozen others, interior ministry and police sources said. A car bomb and other explosives were detonated near a house used as a rest stop for Iranians in the Kadhamiya district of the Iraqi capital, killing five people and wounding 18, an interior ministry source said.

(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - At least eight Iranians pilgrims have been martyred than 45 others injured in two bomb attacks in Baghdad, Iraqi security officials say.

The first incident occurred in the Kadhamiya district of Baghdad on Saturday when a car bomb and other explosives targeted Iranian pilgrims. The attack claimed lives of five people and left at least 18 others wounded, Reuters quoted Iraqi security sources as saying.

In another attack in northwestern Shula district of the Iraqi capital, a car bomb hit a bus carrying Iranians that killed two people and wounded 27 others.

Last month, twin bombings targeting Iranian pilgrims killed at least 13 people in Karbala and Najaf.

In the first attack a bus carrying pilgrims was hit by a bomb explosion in Touirij town near Karbala in central Iraq, killing at least 10 people and injuring another 38.

In the second incident, a car bomb exploded near buses transporting Iranian pilgrims in the city of Najaf, killing at least three people and wounding 10 others.

Everyday hundreds of pilgrims from neighboring Iran visit Shia shrines in Iraq, mainly in the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala.

End item/ 129