Al-Houthi: Yemen wants either real peace or war until victory

Al-Houthi: Yemen wants either real peace or war until victory

The Yemeni government says it will not accept disingenuous attempts at peace, urging the United States and Britain to drop their support for the Saudi-led coalition waging war on Yemen before encouraging an end to the war.

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA):  The Yemeni government says it will not accept disingenuous attempts at peace, urging the United States and Britain to drop their support for the Saudi-led coalition waging war on Yemen before encouraging an end to the war.

According to Press TV, addressing the participants in a rally against the Saudi-led war on and siege of Yemen in the capital, Sana’a, on Friday, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, stressed that the Yemeni people would continue to defend their “homeland and dignity.”

Referring to the battle of Ma’rib, he stressed that the people of the province were loyal to the Sana’a government.

Over the past few weeks, Ma’rib has been the scene of large-scale operations by Yemeni troops and allied Popular Committees fighters, who are pushing against Saudi-backed militants supporting Yemen's fugitive president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi. Yemeni Information Minister Dhaifallah al-Shami has said the liberation of Ma’rib would mark the end of the Saudi-led aggression.

“Saudi Arabia has to defend itself within its borders and not in Ma’rib,” al-Houthi said.

He stressed that the US and Britain must stop their military support for the Saudi-led coalition of aggressors for the sake of peace in Yemen.

“If [US President Joe] Biden wants peace, he should withdraw his experts who are leading the battle in Ma’rib, and the British should stop arming the planes that are targeting our children in Ma’rib and on various fronts,” al-Houthi said.

The Yemeni official said US Special Envoy for Yemen Timothy Lenderking and Biden had no peace plan, stressing that Yemen wanted “either real peace, or war until victory is achieved.”

Al-Houthi held Saudi Arabia responsible for the famine that the United Nations (UN) has warned is imminent in Yemen.

Earlier this month, UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock told the Security Council that Yemen was “speeding towards the worst famine the world has seen in decades.”

Al-Houthi’s remarks came as massive crowds took to the streets of Yemeni cities on Friday to protest against the Saudi-led war and blockade, which have made it impossible for food and medical supplies to reach the war-torn country.




/129


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*