Pointing to terrorist attack in Chabahar, Hojjatoleslam Sediqi said, such measures are aimed to divide ethnic groups and pit them against each other and fan insecurity to undermine the pace of the country's ever growing progress.
Addressing a large and fervent congregation of people on Tehran University campus, he condemned the terrorist attack and said the terrorists had been assigned by foreign intelligence and spy agencies to carry out the act.
Hojjatoleslam Sediqi further stated that the agents behind the terrorist incident are the most humiliated creatures of universe.
At least 36 people, including women and children, were killed and 95 others were wounded in a suicide bomb blast in Chabahar on Wednesday.
The attack took place outside the Imam Hussein Mosque in the port city of Chabahar, in Sistan and Balouchestan province, near the border with Pakistan.
The Pakistani-based Jundollah terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Jundollah group has claimed responsibility for numerous terrorist attacks in Iran. The group has carried out mass murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, acts of sabotage and bombings. They have targeted civilians and government officials as well as all ranks of Iran's military.
In one of the worst cases, the terrorist group killed 22 citizens and abducted 7 more in the Tasouki region on a road linking the southeastern city of Zahedan to another provincial town.
In 2007, Jundollah kidnapped 30 people in the Sistan and Balouchestan province and took them to the neighboring Pakistan.
Jundollah claimed responsibility the same year for an attack on an Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) bus in which 11 IRGC personnel were killed.
In another crime in October 2009, the Pakistan-based terrorist Jundollah group claimed responsibility for a deadly attack in the Sistan and Balouchestan province which killed 42 people among them a group of senior military commanders, including Lieutenant Commander of the IRGC Ground Force Brigadier General Nourali Shoushtari.
End item/ 129