(AhlulBayt News Agency) - A senior Iranian foreign ministry official held a meeting with Ansarullah Spokesman Mohammed Abdulsalam in Kuwait on Monday to discuss the latest developments in Yemen.
"During the meeting, we discussed Yemen peace talks," Abdulsalam told al-Najm al-Saqeb website.
He said that during the meeting, the head of the Iranian foreign ministry's Persian Gulf desk and the Iranian ambassador to Yemen were present.
"At the meeting, we appreciated the Iranian officials for their support for the formation of the political council and its description as a step towards peace and reduction of the Yemeni people's pain," he added.
"Also, we talked about the path of the current negotiations being held under the UN supervision", Abdulsalam said, expressing regret that the Arab coalition is rocking the boat in the peace talks.
On Sunday, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Jaberi Ansari blasted Saudi Arabia for the failure of Yemen peace talks in Kuwait.
"Saudi regime’s illogical approach and their excessive demands are the main reasons for the defeat of Yemeni peace talks in Kuwait," Jaberi Ansari said.
The Iranian deputy foreign minister underlined that if other sides of the negotiations had adopted a fair approach, the Kuwait negotiations could have put an end to the bloody war in Yemen.
"The Saudis have entered a dangerous phase of war and now they are attacking hospitals and schools," Jaberi Ansari added.
He underlined that nobody even the international relief workers and even doctors without borders are secure from the revengeful Saudi air strikes.
The Saudi-led coalition warplanes intensified their airstrikes on residential areas across Yemen last week, targeting a hospital in Hajjah province just two days after killing and wounding a number of children at a school in Sa’ada province.
The Saudi fighter jets targeted Ab'as Hospital in Hajjah province last Monday, killing and wounding at least 20 people.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since last March to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 9,800 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Despite Riyadh's claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has driven the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster.
/298