5 July 2016 - 13:02
Iraq executes five as toll from ISIS bomb blast reaches 165

The Iraqi authorities have responded to a massive suicide bomb attack by ISIS by executing five men it said had been convicted of terrorism.

AhlulBayt News Agency - The Iraqi authorities have responded to a massive suicide bomb attack by ISIS by executing five men it said had been convicted of terrorism. 

As the death toll from Sunday’s huge blast in a Baghdad shopping district passed 165, demands grew for the government to take action against ISIS sleeper cells blamed for one of the deadliest attacks in many years. Another 220 people were injured in the blast in the city’s Karrada area, and a further 35 people are said to be missing

ISIS claimed responsibility for the bombing, its deadliest in Iraq, saying it was a suicide attack.

Another explosion struck later the same night, when a roadside bomb blew up in the popular market of al-Shaab, a Shi’ite district in north Baghdad, killing two people.

The northern and western parts of Iraq have been plagued by gruesome violence since ISIS terrorists started a large-scale campaign of terror in the country in June 2014.



/257