8 June 2016 - 13:13
New talks between Hamas and Fatah in Doha - official

A new round of talks between Fatah and Hamas movements is expected to be held in Doha during Ramadan month, Hamas representative in Lebanon, Ali Baraka, said Tuesday.

AhlulBayt News Agency - A new round of talks between Fatah and Hamas movements is expected to be held in Doha during Ramadan month, Hamas representative in Lebanon, Ali Baraka, said Tuesday.

According to Baraka negotiations between Fatah and Hamas are going to take place in Doha over the national reconciliation process.

The Hamas representative called on the Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas and the Fatah leadership to work on arranging home affairs and restructure the Palestine Liberation Organization on a national and democratic basis.

He reiterated Hamas's serious intents to boost national reconciliation on account of its vital role in propping up the resistance agenda and boosting anti-occupation activism.

Commenting on the Swiss initiative, Baraka said the move is important in so far as it calls for reimbursing Gaza’s former civil servants.

Baraka expressed Hamas’s firm rebuff of the French initiative, saying. “It rather aims to liquidate the Palestine cause and make concessions to the Israeli occupation at the expense of the Palestinians.”

“The French initiative seeks a solution to the Palestinian refugees on the basis of compensation rather than return,” said Baraka.

He, meanwhile, slammed the latest UNRWA decisions, saying they “are political par excellence".

In Baraka’s terms, the latest UNRWA measures fall in line with an Israeli-American agenda that aims to end the refugees’ cause.

The Hamas representative further opined that Lebanon was supportive of the refugees’ demands and work on restoring their infringed rights.




/129