10 January 2016 - 15:01
 Saudi warplanes target MSF center in Yemen

New Saudi airstrikes have struck a health center operated by charity health organization Doctors Without Borders, also known by its French abbreviation MSF, in northern Yemen, killing at least four people and wounding several others, according to local reports.

New Saudi airstrikes have struck a health center operated by charity health organization Doctors Without Borders, also known by its French abbreviation MSF, in northern Yemen, killing at least four people and wounding several others, according to local reports.

The medical facility, located in the Razeh district of Sa’ada Province, was bombed on Sunday, Yemeni media report said.

The reports said that at least 15 others were also injured in the deadly airstrikes, which sent shockwaves through the neighborhood.

The MSF has confirmed the incident, providing, however, a different casualty figure; it said three people had been killed and 10 injured.

This is not the first time that Saudi fighter jets target an MSF-run hospital in Yemen.

In early December 2015, Saudi warplanes bombed an MSF clinic in the southwestern province of Ta’izz, killing at least three people and inflicting heavy damage on the medical center. Also in late October last year, Saudi missile strikes hit another MSF clinic in Yemen’s Sa’ada Province, leaving several people injured.

The medical charity group has denounced the attacks as a “violation of international law.” MSF also described the previous air raids targeting its centers as deliberate; it said the assaults were conducted even as the Saudi military had been notified of the coordinates of the facility.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in a report on Thursday voiced concerns about attacks targeting hospitals in Yemen.


/257