5 May 2015 - 09:05
Al-Qaeda Indian branch accuses PM 'Narendra Modi' for conspiracies against Muslims

Al-Qaeda’s branch of Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) in a video has blamed Indian Prime Minister for conspiracies against Muslims.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency - Al-Qaeda’s branch of Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) in a video has blamed Indian Prime Minister for conspiracies against Muslims.

Asim Umar has said that a war has been initiated through the utterance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi against Muslims.

The video released by Al-Qaeda’s media wing As-Sahab on May two is titled “‘From France to Bangladesh: The Dust Will Never Settle Down” which mentions Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in war against Muslims.

AQIS’s chief, Indian-born Maulana Asim Umar says in the video “through World Bank and IMF policies, drone attacks, satanic conspiracy of Kerry-Lugar bill, Charlie Hebdo’s writings, UN charter, official sermons by muftis and Narendra Modi’s speeches which call for Muslims to be burnt alive- this is the same war.”

However, analyzers believe by sending out such a message AQIS wants to attract attention.

Umar is believed to be from northern part of India who migrated to Pakistan in early nineties.

AQIS under the leadership of Umar has claimed responsibility for the assassination of several secular writers and intellectuals in Pakistan and Bangladesh, including Avijit Roy, a Bangladeshi-American activist who was killed in Dhaka in February.

The authenticity of the video released on May 2 is not ascertained yet.

AQIS was announced by the Al-Qaeda leader Ayaman Al-Zawahiri last year.



/129