First Qatari Soldier killed in Yemen

A Qatari soldier serving with the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen has been killed, Qatar's first fatality of the conflict, the foreign minister said on Wednesday.

A Qatari soldier serving with the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen has been killed, Qatar's first fatality of the conflict, the foreign minister said on Wednesday.

"We congratulate ourselves and our nation for the death of a son of our homeland in Yemen," Khalid bin Mohammad Al-Attiyah announced on Twitter.

Government officials later confirmed the death, though no more details were given.

There have been no previous deaths reported among the Qatari force though two soldiers had previously been injured, said officials.

Yemen has been since March 26 under brutal aggression by Saudi-led coalition. Thousands have been martyred and injured in the attack, with the vast majority of them are civilians.

Riyadh launched the attack on Yemen in a bid to restore power to fugitive president Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi who is a close ally to Saudi Arabia.

Qatar’s air force, along with those of other Gulf Cooperation Council members, has taken part in the aerial campaign which began in March this year.

Doha sent 1,000 troops into Yemen in September as part of the ongoing Arab coalition against the Arab impoverished country.

Most of the Qatari troops are thought to be stationed close to the Yemen-Saudi border.




/257


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

سخنرانی امام خامنه‌ای به‌مناسبت روز قدس 1399
#AlQudsPathwayofMartyrs
conference-abu-talib