Saudi aggressors targets Yemen wedding, at least 30 killed

Saudi aggressors targets Yemen wedding, at least 30 killed

Airstrikes hit a wedding celebration in Yemen, killing at least 30 people and leaving dozens more unaccounted for, local officials said.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency - At least 30Yemenis were killed and 38 others wounded when a Saudi-led airstrike targeted a wedding in a town south of the capital, Sanaa, CNN reported.

The strike targeted home of the tribal leader in Sanban, in Dhamar province, some 100 kilometers south of Sanaa, AFP quoted medics and witnesses as saying on Thursday.

"Not every explosion that takes place in Yemen in as airstrike - it could be a missile, car bomb, or weapons cache," coalition spokesman Ahmed Asseri said.

Civilians have suffered heavily amid the violence and disruption caused by the war in the impoverished nation -- and weddings have been struck previously.

Airstrikes hit a marriage ceremony last week in the southwestern province of Taiz, killing at least 131 people and wounding scores of others, the Houthi-controlled news agency Saba reported.

Meanwhile, the Guardian put the death toll at 15, but noted that 25 people were injured.

There was no immediate coalition comment. Last week it denied bombing another wedding party and killing more than 130 in the deadliest single event of Yemen’s civil war.

Yemen has been since March 26 under brutal aggression by Saudi-led coalition. Thousands have been martyred and injured in the attack, with the vast majority of them are civilians.

Riyadh launched the attack on Yemen in a bid to restore power to fugitive president Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi who is a close ally to Saudi Arabia.





/129


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*