UN Secretary-General condemns Saudi-led deadly airstrikes in Yemen

UN Secretary-General condemns Saudi-led deadly airstrikes in Yemen

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned Friday's airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition against a detention center in Yemen's Saada city, said his spokesman.

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned Friday's airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition against a detention center in Yemen's Saada city, said his spokesman.

Initial reports indicate at least 70 deaths and over 100 injured among the inmates. Further airstrikes have been reported elsewhere in Yemen, also with reports of deaths and injuries among civilians, including children, said Stephane Dujarric, the spokesman, in a statement.

Guterres calls for prompt, effective and transparent investigations into these incidents to ensure accountability, and for urgent de-escalation of the situation, it said.

Yemen's Al-Masira network on Friday reporting images of a prison that had been targeted by Saudi fighter jets stated that the search and rescue operation for the victims continues.

It is said that more than 50 people are still under the rubble.

Fighter jets from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have continued to bomb Yemen more than 70 times in recent hours, killing and injuring dozens of civilians and damaging private and public property.

.....................................
End/ 257


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*