Over 20,000 al-Quds homes facing demolition threats - Affairs minister

Over 20,000 al-Quds homes facing demolition threats - Affairs minister

Al-Quds affairs minister Fadi al-Hidmi has said that there are more than 20,000 Palestinian housing units threatened with demolition by the Israeli occupation municipality in the holy city.

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Al-Quds affairs minister Fadi al-Hidmi has said that there are more than 20,000 Palestinian housing units threatened with demolition by the Israeli occupation municipality in the holy city.

During his participation on Sunday in a symposium on al-Quds and the Aqsa Mosque held in the Turkish capital Ankara, minister Hidmi added that the Israeli municipality demolished about 500 residential buildings belonging to Palestinians in al-Quds during the past two years.

The Palestinian official pointed out that the Israeli municipality started in recent years to accelerate the establishment of different settlement projects across the holy city as part of its “Greater Jerusalem" plan.

He also accused the municipality of escalating, since the beginning of last year, the policy of forcing Palestinian citizens to demolish their own homes in east Jerusalem.




/129


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*