Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli forces over alleged attack

Palestinian man shot dead by Israeli forces over alleged attack

The Israeli military has shot and killed a young Palestinian man after his car crashed into an empty bus stop near an Israeli settlement in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The Israeli military has shot and killed a young Palestinian man after his car crashed into an empty bus stop near an Israeli settlement in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.

Israeli troops on Tuesday opened fire at the Palestinian driver and seriously wounded him near the Israeli settlement of Ariel north of Salfit, after allegedly “attempting to ram soldiers and settlers with his car.”

Israeli daily Haaretz said the 30-year-old Palestinian, who has yet to be identified, was driving a car with an Israeli license plate. It added that no one had been waiting at the bus stop when the shooting took place.

It also said that the driver exited the car and tried to escape on foot when he was shot and later succumbed to his wounds.

Citing Israeli sources, the Palestinian Maan news agency said the man might have been driving a stolen car.

The Israeli military did not report any injuries among the forces or the settlers.

The incident comes as tensions have been simmering between Palestinians and Israelis in the Gaza Strip, where Tel Aviv’s forces killed 18 people during an anti-occupation mass demonstration on Friday.

Around 30,000 Gazans marched to the fence with the occupied lands at the start of a six-week protest, dubbed “The Great March of Return,” demanding the right to return for Palestinians driven out of their homeland.

The rallies coincided with the 42nd anniversary of Land Day, which commemorates the murder of six Palestinians by Israeli forces in 1976.




/129


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*