(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The death toll of months-long cholera in war-torn Yemen has risen to 605, with suspected cases exceeding 73,700, China's Xinhua news agency reported World Health Organisation (WHO) as saying on Friday.
"Cholera continues to spread in Yemen. Over 73,700 suspected cholera cases and 605 associated deaths have been reported in 19 governorates," WHO said on its official twitter account.
The death toll has rapidly increased two days after WHO put the figure at 532 and the number of suspected cases at 65,300 on Wednesday.
The deadly disease has been rapidly spreading across Yemen since April 27, WHO said.
The organisation warned that the healthcare system in Yemen is on the verge of collapse as many hospitals have shut down because of the ongoing conflict, saying only 45 per cent of Yemen's hospitals are operational, and they are facing a shortage of supplies and staff.
The impoverished Arab country in the southern tip of the Arabian Peninsula has been locked in a war since 2015.
The war has so far killed more than 10,000, half of them civilians, and displaced over 2 million others, according to humanitarian agencies.