The first International Conference on Islam and Cyberspace will be held in Qom with the aim to produce knowledge, theorize and exchange ideas. Researchers can present their articles in English or Arabic in the field of Islamic studies on cyberspace.
AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): The first International Conference on Islam and Cyberspace will be held in Qom with the aim to produce knowledge, theorize and exchange ideas. Researchers can present their articles in English or Arabic in the field of Islamic studies on cyberspace.
The First International Conference on Islam and Cyberspace will be held by the Office of Islamic Studies on Cyberspace (OISC), at the first half of 2023. Since the conference is official, accepted papers will be indexed in research databases and conference certificate will be given to the authors.
Mahmoud Rafian in charge of international relations of the Conference said: The International Conference on Islam and Cyberspace aims to create a space for presenting the latest Islamic research in the field of cyberspace, and provide the ground for producing knowledge, theorizing and exchanging ideas of researchers across the Islamic world.
He added: This conference is organized by the International affairs of the Office of Islamic Studies on Cyberspace (OISC) and in collaboration with some universities and scientific institutions. The main and sub-axes of this conference have been approved by the scientific committees and with the presence of several professors in the field of Islamic studies on cyberspace, which include:
- Prof Dr. Mohd Ma’Sum Billah
Dr. Billah is a Professor (of finance, insurance, investment, in King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia. He has written and published more than 10 articles about cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies issues have a lot to do with cyberspace. Thus we invited him to this Committee.
- َAli Riza Al Buyah
Dr. Al Buyah has a doctorate in ethics from Baqer al-Uloom University, and he is a member of the faculty of Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy in Qom. He has written several research papers on the ethics of cyberspace.
- Adel Abdel Sadiq
Dr. Abdel Sadiq is from the Arab Republic of Egypt. He is an international researcher in the field of cyberspace, and he is the Founder and director of the Arab Center for Cyberspace Research.
- Seyed Hadi Sajedi
Dr. Sajedi holds a Ph.D. in Philosophy of Social Sciences from Baqerul Uloom University. He also received fourth level (equivalent to doctoral degree) from the Islamic seminary of Qom. His doctoral thesis’ title is “Islamophobia in the US.”
- Mohammad Mahdi Chegini
Dr. Chegini is the Head of International affairs of OISC. He received his PHD from Baqer al-Uloom University in the field of social sciences. He passed the higher level of studies in jurisprudence (fiqh) and its principles (usool al-fiqh) in Islamic Seminary of Qom as well. Dr. Chegini is a professor at al-Mustafa university who has presented articles about cryptocurrencies and cyberspace.
Axis 1) Jurisprudence:
- FinTech, Crypto assets, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency
- Machine learning, Artificial intelligence
- Security, Big data, Cyber privacy, Cyber warfare
- Social networks and messengers
- Property ownership in cyberspace
Axis 2. Philosophy
- Methodology of Islamic Studies of Cyberspace
- Epistemology and cyberspace, Identity, personality and the age of cyberspace
- Interactions of philosophy and cyberspace
- Islamic future studies on cyberspace
- Theology and technology, Theology and artificial intelligence
Axis 3. Politics
- Islamic sovereignty in cyberspace
- Unity of Muslim societies in cyberspace
- Opportunities and threats of cyberspace for Muslim societies
- Islamic apps
- Independence, national sovereignty and cyberspace
Axis 4. Ethics
- Ethical codes of cyberspace
- Bioethics in cyberspace, Ethical presence in social networks, The moral harms of cyberspace and the ways for overcoming
- Ethical issues of family in the age of cyberspace, The digital generation gap
- Addiction to social networks ethically
- The Ethical Challenges of Internet of Things
- Articles in English or Arabic are accepted.
- The conference secretariat is trying to publish the accepted articles in scientific-research journals before being published in the conference proceedings.
- During the call period, submitted articles will be assigned after a maximum of three months and the accepted articles will be immediately certified by the scientific secretary of the board.
- Article submission will be only through the conference website.The conference website will be presented soon.
Researchers can get additional news of the conference from the following website: