At least five people have lost their lives in fresh Saudi airstrikes on Yemen, including one killed by a cluster bomb in the capital, Sana’a.
Saudi jets pounded various districts of Sana’a, using cluster bombs early on Thursday.
A civilian was killed and a number of others were injured during the raids. Witnesses said some of the bombs were left unexploded.
Saudi warplanes also bombarded residential buildings in the al-Marzaq district of Hajjah Province, killing four people and injuring two others.
Saudi Arabia began the military campaign against Yemen in late March 2015. The strikes are supposedly meant to undermine the Ansarullah movement and restore power to fugitive former Yemeni president, Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
Rights groups had earlier exposed Saudi Arabia’s use of cluster bombs in the war on Yemen. The Human Rights Watch said in late May 2015 Saudi warplanes had targeted civilians and residential areas with cluster bombs in the northern province of Sa’ada.
More than 7,500 people have been killed and over 14,000 others injured since the strikes began. The Saudi war has also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country’s facilities and infrastructure.
Yemenis have responded with attacks against Saudi forces deployed in the country as well as targets inside Saudi Arabia.
/257
Saudi cluster bombs kill five Yemeni civilians
January 7, 2016 - 1:25 PM- News Code : 729244
- Source : Agencies
At least five people have lost their lives in fresh Saudi airstrikes on Yemen, including one killed by a cluster bomb in the capital, Sana’a.
Related Articles
-
-
HRW urges Saudi-led coalition to stop using cluster bombs in Yemen
August 27, 2015 - 4:47 PM
Post your comments
Pictorial
-
April 30, 2016 - 12:00 PMPhotos: Tens participate in 'Free Zakzaky' peaceful protest in Minna, Niger State
-
April 28, 2016 - 3:19 PMPhotos: Some heinous crimes of Peshmarga Kurds against Turkmen Shias in Iraq's Tuz Khormato
-
April 28, 2016 - 2:48 PMPhotos: Imam Ali Birth Anniversary Celebrated in Buenos Aires, Argentina
-
April 28, 2016 - 11:34 AMPhotos: Abulfadl Abbas Foundation staged a fresh peaceful Free Sheikh Zakzaky protest in Yola
-
April 28, 2016 - 11:23 AMPhotos: Free Sheikh Zakzaky protest held in Nigerian city of Kaduna
-
April 27, 2016 - 8:27 PMGraphics: ISIS executes two Syrian men for spying
-
April 27, 2016 - 1:51 PMPhotos: Imam Khamenei receives workers
Video
-
April 27, 2016 - 2:25 PMVideo: Terrosists of Nusra militants flee from Syria's Latakia hill under rain of missiles
-
-
April 20, 2016 - 10:17 AMVideo: Syrian Army on verge of fully capturing Latakia province
-
April 17, 2016 - 1:23 PMVideo: Russia S-300 missile system unveiled in Tehran's military parade
-
April 14, 2016 - 11:41 AMSyria: Over 250 al-Nusra militants slaughtered in southern Aleppo in one week / Video
-
April 14, 2016 - 10:21 AMGraphic Video of dead Nusra/FSA terrorists allegedly in South Aleppo
-
February 6, 2016 - 10:55 AMGraphic Video: Nigerian Soldiers Burnt people at Sheikh Zakzaky's Residence


































