(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The reports followed phone conversations between the US, Egyptian and Israeli defense ministers as the anti-government protests entered the seventh day on Monday.
Egyptian Defense Minister Mohamed Hussein Tantawi has warned the protesters against defying curfew that has now been extended and is to be in place from 3 p.m. to 8 a.m. local time.
On Thursday, an Israeli cabinet minister who spoke on condition of anonymity to Israeli media had stated that the Egyptian president backed by a strong militarily prowess will eventually subdue the crisis.
"His regime is well-rooted in the military and security apparatus," said the Israeli minister, adding that, "They will have to exercise force, power in the street and do it. But they are strong enough according to my assessment to overcome it," the Israeli minister had said.
The protesters took to the streets in the sixth day of demonstrations on Sunday despite the warnings and the presence of the army.
The armed forces have threatened a crackdown on anyone who refuses to obey the curfew imposed in major cities.
Meanwhile, Mubarak reportedly visited an army military operations center and met with top army commanders and troops at their headquarters.
Following the visit, the army has received orders to open fire on the protesters in a bid to protect the Mubarak-run regime, according to the Muslim Brotherhood's website.
1. 'US passive on Mubarak sham elections'
2. Obama flip-flops on Egypt crisis
3. Palestinian detainees in Egypt make it back to Gaza
4. Hundreds of Israeli tourists evacuated from Egypt
5. Israelis fear gas crisis due to events in Egypt
6. 'Army must choose Egypt or Mubarak'
7. Clinton Calls for “Orderly Transition”, “Real Democracy” in Egypt
8. Mubarak asks new PM to boost reform, economy, anti-corruption
9. Israel to West: Stop bashing Mubarak
10. Istanbul Rally in to Support Egypt’s Revolution
11. US playing double game on Egypt
12. Israel shocked at US position dissuading repression of Egyptian protests
13. Demonstrators try to storm the Israeli embassy in Cairo: Russia Today
14. 'Million man march' called on Tuesday in Cairo
15. Mubarak visits military operations centre
16. Egyptian police ordered to return to streets
17. 'Israel provides weapons for Egypt'
18. Hosni Mubarak's family flee to London
19. Outgoing authorities in Egypt decide to end all operations of Al-Jazeera
20. Fall of Egyptian regime will accelerate end to Abbas
21. 34 Muslim brotherhood members released amid unrest in Egypt
22. Israel “Closely Monitoring” Events in Egypt
23. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian XI (PIC)
24. Tens of bodies found in Cairo
25. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian X (PIC)
26. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian IX (PIC)
27. Palestinian security men deployed along border with Egypt
28. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian VIII (PIC)
29. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian VII (PIC)
30. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian VI (PIC)
31. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian VI (PIC)
32. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian V (PIC)
33. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian IV (PIC)
34. Al-Jazeera Bans by Egypt amid uprising
35. London Egypt protest shows Islamist/secular split
36. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian IV (PIC)
37. Friday Rage: Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian III (PIC)
38. Saudi king supports Mubarak's dictator regime
39. Protests endanger Palestinians held by Egypt
40. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian II (PIC)
41. Pictures of the Revolution of Egyptian I (PIC)
42. Head of US Muslim group urges US pressure on Egypt
43. Egyptians Determined to Pursue Revolution; Mubarak Names VP!
44. Rally Against Egypt President Outside UN Headquarters
45. Over 5,000 Egyptian prisoners escape
46. Iran is closely following Middle East developments
47. Abbas phones Mubarak to express solidarity
48. Israel expresses concern as protesters threaten to overthrow Mubarak
49. Students gather in front of Egypt's Interests Section in Tehran
50. Egypt Heart of the Arab World, Iranian Commander Says
51. Cleric Tells Egypt Protesters Bloodshed Banned
52. Top Sunni Cleric: Shooting to Protesters is Haram
53. Israel Monitoring Egypt Rage with Concern, Officials Ordered to Remain Silent
54. Egypt's death toll from unrest hits 95 / Photos
55. Mubarak future in doubt in the wake of Egypt turmoil (Cartoon)
56. Death toll from Egypt unrest hits 65
57. Egyptian police fire shots in Cairo
58. How the U.S. can respond to Egypt's Internet blackout
59. Unspoken Concern Over Egyptian Uprising: Control Of Suez Canal And Price Of Gas
60. Mohamed El-Baradei detained by Egyptian police
61. Egypt: Mubarak sacks cabinet and defends security role
62. Biden on Mubarak: 'I would not refer to him as a dictator.'
63. CAIR Asks Americans to Support Freedom in Egypt, Muslim World
64. Iraqi Shia Preacher describes developments in Tunisia, Egypt , Yemen as "Islamic Arab Revival"
65. The Biggest Friday Protest Rages in Egypt; 26 Killed, 900 Injured
66. Israeli embassy personnel flee Cairo
67. Violent clashes continue to rock Egypt
68. US slammed over Egypt military support
69. ElBaradei attends prayers amid uprising / Clashes in Cairo Extend Arab World’s Days of Unrest
70. 20 Egypt opposition members detained
71. Egypt clamps down on media, Intenet
72. 'Egypt deploys army to contain protests'
73. Friday Protests In Egypt Expected To Be Biggest Yet
74. Spirit of Tunisia comes to Egypt
75. Government Building Torched by Egyptian Protesters