(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The warplanes of the US-led coalition committed a new massacre in Raqqa, claiming the lives of 14 civilians.
Local and media sources confirmed that the warplanes of the international coalition led by the US carried out raids on al-Naim roundabout in Raqqa city, claiming that they are targeting gatherings and dens of ISIS.
The sources added that the raids led to the death of at least 14 civilians and massive material damage to the houses and the infrastructure in the area.
Last month, Amnesty International released a report confirming that the US operations in Raqqah were greatly endangering civilians.
Earlier in the month, the US-led coalition acknowledged that it had killed almost 700 civilians since it commenced its aerial bombardment campaign three years ago.
The coalition has been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be ISIS targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a UN mandate.
The military alliance has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of fulfilling its declared aim of destroying ISIS.
On June 6, the US-backed SDF militiamen said they had launched an operation aimed at pushing ISIS out of Raqqah.
The Syrian government has also on multiple occasions sent letters to UN Secretary General António Guterres and the UN Security Council stressing that US-led coalition was perpetrating war crimes and crimes against humanity through aerial bombardment of residential neighborhoods.