(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Intelligence Minister Alavi stressing that Saudi Arabia sponsors terrorism in region, said 5 terrorists have been arrested in Chabahar, southeast Iran on Wednesday.
Iranian Minister of Intelligence, Mahmoud Alavi, said a terrorist cell including three Iranians and two from neighboring countries have been arrested in Chabahar city, Sistan and Baluchestan Province; “we knew they were planning for an attack; we caught the terrorists outside the house. Two of them were killed during the operation. We also lost one of our security officers today, the first martyr from the Intelligence Ministry,” said Alavi.
He went on to add, “we also identified a terrorist cell in Kurdistan on Wednesday and dismantled them.”
“Saudi Arabia sponsors terrorist groups in the region and hires mercenaries from neighboring countries,” he said. “ISIS' defeats in Raqqa, Mosul and other parts in Syria and Iraq caused them to turn their attention to Iran. They wanted to carry out even the smallest attack in Iran.”
Alavi went on to note, “we have information that proves Saudis hire mercenaries from neighboring countries to create insecurity in Iran.”
According to him, the terrorist who had been planning to carry out an attack in Iran on Quds Day, the last Friday of Ramadan, is currently held in Evin prison.
On June 7, six ISIS terrorists launched attacks on Iranian parliament and the shrine of Imam Khomeini, killing 17 people and injuring 50 others. IRGC commander Maj. Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari said Tuesday that they had obtained accurate intelligence that Saudi Arabia had supported the terrorists and asked them to carry out attacks in Iran.
Foreign Minister Zarif also referred to Saudi Arabia’s complicity in Tehran attacks during his address at the Oslo Forum on Tuesday.