Iranian FM spokesman shrugs off Saudi threats

Iranian FM spokesman shrugs off Saudi threats

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi shrugged off Saudi Arabia’s threats against the Islamic Republic, saying that the Riyadh regime is not powerful enough to “live out its dreams” (against Iran).

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi shrugged off Saudi Arabia’s threats against the Islamic Republic, saying that the Riyadh regime is not powerful enough to “live out its dreams” (against Iran).

In a statement late on Tuesday, Qassemi pointed to the Saudi-led coalition’s recurring defeats in the “unequal war” that it has waged on Yemen and said, “…The reality is that the Saudis and their allies have faced only the Yemeni people’s resistance and experienced a disgraceful defeat.”

Qassemi made the remarks in response to claims made by Turki al-Malki, the spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition, who accused Iran of providing Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah fighters with ballistic missiles.

The Saudi official also threatened retaliation against Tehran, accusing it of being behind the recent missile attacks on the Kingdom.

The Iranian spokesman further said that, basically, Saudi Arabia is in no position and has not the power “to live out its dreams and fantasies (against Iran)”.

Qassemi also rejected the claims on the provision of Yemenis with missiles and said, “By leveling baseless and imaginary accusations without evidence against others, the Saudis are trying to cover up their inability and consecutive defeats they have suffered … in the war against Yemeni people despite possessing … a collection of advanced weapons and multi-billion-dollar arms purchases.”

Yemeni forces fired seven ballistic missiles into Saudi Arabia in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians by the Saudi-led coalition.

The missile unit of the Yemeni army announced on Monday that in keeping with the promise of the leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, the unit had fired seven ballistic missiles at Saudi targets the night before.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the Saudi-led coalition for three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.



/257


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Imam Khamenei demands immediate end to domestic wars in Islamic countries in his Hajj 2017 message
پیام امام خامنه ای به مسلمانان جهان به مناسبت حج 2016
We are All Zakzaky
telegram