Turkish President vows continued fight against PKK

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday said Turkey's counter-terrorism operations against the terrorist PKK organization would continue.

"We are going into winter season. There is no such thing [stopping the operations]," Erdogan said in Justice and Development (AK) party’s parliamentary group meeting.

"The operation is continuing. We will not stop. We will push them. Nobody should feel offended," the Turkish president added.

His remarks came several days after seven soldiers and two village guards were killed in fighting with PKK terrorists in the southeastern province of Hakkari.

Meanwhile, the Interior Ministry announced on Tuesday that at least 46 PKK terrorists have been killed in military operations in eastern Turkey.

Erdogan reminded that commanders of Turkish army are reviewing the military troops present along the Turkey's southeastern borders.

He said PKK is a tool of foreign powers to disrupt peace in the region, while ISIS is a bloody terrorist organization irrelevant to Islam.

The PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU -- resumed its armed campaign against Turkey in July 2015.

Since then, it has been responsible for the deaths of more than 1,200 Turkish security personnel and civilians, including a number of women and children.



/257


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Arba'een
عزای حسینی در عالم
Imam Khamenei demands immediate end to domestic wars in Islamic countries in his Hajj 2017 message
پیام امام خامنه ای به مسلمانان جهان به مناسبت حج 2016
We are All Zakzaky