ISIS claim Saint Petersburg supermarket bombing

ISIS claim Saint Petersburg supermarket bombing

ISIS claimed responsibility Friday night for the bomb attack days earlier that tore through a Saint Petersburg supermarket and wounded 14 people.

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - "The attack that targeted a shopping center in Saint Petersburg the day before yesterday (Wednesday) was carried out by an ISIS-linked group," ISIS said in a statement via its propaganda agency Amaq.

On Wednesday evening, a homemade bomb placed in a locker at the supermarket in northwestern Saint Petersburg, Russia's second city and President Vladimir Putin's hometown, went off sowing panic among customers and wounding 14 people including a pregnant woman.

Officials said a total of 14 people had been wounded in the blast.

The bombing came after the FSB security service said earlier this month it had prevented a terror attack on a key Orthodox cathedral in Saint Petersburg with the help of America's CIA, which led Putin to thank US President Donald Trump.

FSB chief Alexander Bortnikov has said Russia remains on alert for a possible return of terrorists from Syria ahead of the World Cup and the March presidential polls.

Saint Petersburg will host several World Cup matches including a semi-final.

Earlier this month Bortnikov said that at least 4,500 Russians had left the country to fight with "terrorists" in the Middle East, North Africa and other regions.




/257


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

عزای حسینی در عالم
Imam Khamenei demands immediate end to domestic wars in Islamic countries in his Hajj 2018 message
We are All Zakzaky