(AhlulBayt News Agency) - A suspected suicide bomber struck a NATO convoy in Afghanistan’s southern Kandahar province on Wednesday, security officials said.
Several casualties are feared in the attack that destroyed at least two NATO vehicles in the outskirts of Kandahar city, said Zia Durrani, spokesman for the Afghan police in the region.
The NATO-led Resolute Support Mission confirmed the suicide attack in a statement, adding that it was gathering information to assess the situation on ground.
Qari Yosuf Ahmadi, spokesman for the Taliban in southern Afghanistan, claimed responsibility for the attack, in a statement released on social media.
He said that the convoy near a base of the Afghan spy agency National Directorate of Security had been attacked.
This is the second attack claimed by the Taliban in Afghanistan this week.
On Tuesday, at least 20 people were killed and 30 other injured when a suicide bomber struck a Shia mosque in western Herat province.