[Sent by Adil Haidar]
The tradition started by Seyed Hasan Mirza from his house in Moulviganj in 1870 and within a decade, it became so popular organizers had to shift to a spacious place.
Throughout the procession, fasting mourners observed complete silence. When procession reached Haiderganj, the coffin was covered with a century-old piece of black cloth brought by Late Hasan Mirza (Founder of procession) when he visited Najaf (Iraq).
A local newspaper repeated that more than two Lakhs were gathered under heavy security.