ISIS claims responsibility for Manhattan terror attack

(AhlulBayt News Agency) - ISIS said that the attacker in the deadliest terrorist attack in New York since 9/11, is a member of the terrorist organization.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the Tuesday's terrorist attack that killed eight in New York City in its online publication. ISIS said in its weekly newspaper issue that the attacker was one of their "soldiers".

The newspaper, however, failed to provide any evidence to support such claims.

Earlier, multiple reports revealed that the attacker left a note in the truck used to commit the attack pledging allegiance to ISIS.

After securing a warrant to go through his phone records, investigators found that the suspect had been watching ISIS videos of terrorists shooting prisoners in the face, running people over and beheading them.

Uzbek national Sayfullo Saipov, 29, was charged first with providing material support and resources to ISIS, and second with the destruction he caused resulting in the death of eight people on a Manhattan bike path.

The Manhattan attack was the deadliest act of terror in New York since the 2001 9/11 attacks, which killed some 3,000.

/106


Related Articles

Post your comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Arba'een
عزای حسینی در عالم
Imam Khamenei demands immediate end to domestic wars in Islamic countries in his Hajj 2017 message
پیام امام خامنه ای به مسلمانان جهان به مناسبت حج 2016
We are All Zakzaky