Call for Poems of International Congress on "Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), The Faithful Sponsor of the Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.)"
IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE COMPASSIONATE, THE MERCIFUL
Call for Poems of International Congress on Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), The Faithful Sponsor of the Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.)
A public call for poems has been issued by the General Festival of Poems for Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) on the occasion of the auspicious birthday of Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (a.s.).
The festival shall be among the side events of the International Conference on Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) as the Faithful Sponsor of the Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.).
The congress is sponsored by the Ahlul-Bayt(a.s.) World Assembly and shall be supported by some other Islamic organizations listed below:
- Language Learning Center of Islamic Seminaries
- Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) Research and Publications Institute
- HazratQasimibn al-Hassan (a.s.) Religious & Cultural Institute
- Abna-ul-Rasool(s.a.) Cultural and Art Institute
- Noor al-Thaqalayn Congress of Arabic Poetry (Khuzestan province)
- Ahlul-Bayt(a.s.) News Agency
** Poets will have the opportunity to send their poems to the congress in Persian and Arabic by February 20, 2019.
The congress aims at commemorating the distinguished character of theBeliever of Quraysh, Hazrat Abu Talib, as the devoted supporter of the Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.) and distinguished father of Imam Ali (a.s.).
It also seeks to promote Islamic, Shiite, and Iranian culture and art, and to introduce and encourage literary talents and religious poets.
- Life History of Hazrat Abu Talib son of Abdul-Mutallib(peace be upon them)
- AbuTalib; Faithful Supporter of Prophet Mohammad (s.a.)
- AbuTalib, Distinguished Father of Imam Ali (a.s.)
- Poeticaland Literary Works on the Subject of Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.)
- Composing Poems with the Same Style as the Famous Arabic Ode known as Lamiyya(لامیه) on Eulogizing HazratAbuTalib(a.s.)
1. Section of Arabic Poems
2. Section of Persian Poems
All the classical poetry templates (sonnet,couplets, quatrains, odes ...) as well as modern styles (free style, poems for children and teenagers, etc.) shall be acceptable.
1. Each poet can submit a maximum of 5 poems in each section to the congress.
2. Poems should be typed and uploaded as ‘attached file’ on the festival’s website:
along with the completed Application Form and a copy of National ID Card (for Iranian participants) or the front page of the passport (for non-Iranian participants). It is also possible to send poems and other documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Sending Poems:20 February 2019
3. The Festival’s Secretariat considers the sender of the Application Form as the composer of the poem; if proven otherwise, it will be eliminatedfrom the contest.
4. All participants will be granted a certificate of participation in the congress.
5. Selected poems will be published in the special book of the congress. Winners shall be awarded with prizes.
6. The Secretariat of the Congress shall reserve the right to use the received poems in any way it will deem appropriate.
7. Submitting poems shall be construed as accepting the contest’s regulations.
Secretariat for Arabic Poems: Language Center of HawzaIlmiyya, ShahidSadoughi Madrassa, Sadoughi Blvd. Qom, I.R.IRAN – Tel: (+98-25) 32940118
Secretariat for Persian Poems: HazratQassimibn al-Hassan Mosque,
ShahidMahallati Square, Tehran, I.R.IRAN – Tel: (+98 912) 2965750
SMS number: 30006954