Armed forces of Al-Khalifa regime finally, after about a year of threats and intimidation, raided the defenseless people of "Al-Daraz" area, yesterday’s morning.
During the attack of these US and international Zionism’s mercenaries, one of unarmed civilians was martyred and more than hundred citizens were wounded.
In these conditions, and while the means of communication have been cut off, Al-Khalifa forces attacked the house of Sheikh Isa Qasim and grabbed him, and still his fate remains unknown.
The Ahlul Bayt World Assembly, as an international NGO, strongly condemns this new crime of Al Khalifa regime and draws the world's attention to the following points:
- The recent act of Bahraini government is a result of the silence of the international community and world leaders. Al-Khalifa regime has started its illegal acts, such as murder, maiming, imprisonment, torture, rape, expulsion, deportation and revoking citizenship of citizens since six years ago. If, from that moment, the other countries had made a strong stance against these acts of Al-Khalifa, they would not have had the audacity to raid the house of one of the noblest scientists of the world.
- Bahraini government have started revoking the citizenship of Sheikh Isa Qasim and 470 of scientific, social and political figures, since last year. For so many times, they had decided to prosecute and arrest him, but the presence of the people prevented them from doing so. But now, the traveling of the hated president of the United States to Saudi Arabia and holding the so-called meetings of fighting against terrorism, make them dare enough to do such an act.
- Therefore, the US and Saudi Arabia is held responsible for Sheikh Isa Qassim's well-being as they have shamelessly supported and send troops to Bahrain.
- The people and the youth in Bahrain are small in number but huge in will power. Just as the past 11 months in which the people's epic defense of the Sheikh's house astounded the world, they will not abandon the true servants of religion and people, chanting the motto "defense till death".
- In the end, we warn the world that if the United Nations, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, European Union, the politicians around the world, International Organizations, and Human Rights organizations do not take serious and efficient measures for unconditional freedom of Sheikh Isa Qassim, the country will burn in fire and its flames will spread all over the world.
Ahlul Bayt World Assembly
May 23rd, 2017