(AhlulBayt News Agency) - The Ahlulbayt World Assembly has issued a statement in condemnation of the new round of Muslim genocide in Myanmar.
The full text of the statement is as follows:
In the Name of Allah, the Demolisher of Tyrants
In the deadly passivity of Western governments and their affiliated global institutions, a new round of attacks against Muslims has been launched in Rohingya in the Rakhine state of Myanmar.
Theinnocent Muslim community of Myanmar have been oppressed for long yearson the pretext of “not being a citizen of Myanmar”. During these heinous crimes committed by extremist Buddhists on the hands of Myanmar’s army and supported by the government of Myanmar, the oppressed Muslims are being killed or expelled from their residence with strange violence, and their houses, mosques and shops set on fire.
According to the latest official figures, only 400 casualties occurred in the last week, while over the past five years, hundreds of thousands have been directly massacred or drowned in the sea as a result of forced displacement. The Muslim population displaced from Myanmar is also estimated millions.
The Ahlulbayt World Assembly, as an organization witha membership of hundreds of Muslim elites from all over the world, calls the attention of all people around the world to the following points:
1. The essence of all religions is "monotheism", "morality", "love" and "peaceful coexistence of human beings". So any group or government who kills human beings and at the same time claims to be follower of any sect or religion, shall be considered a liar.
2. Citizenship rights of inhabitants of any landare among the primary natural rights of the people of each country, on which international conventions emphasize.
3. Even if a state, for any reason, does not recognize the citizenship of some people, it does not have the right to kill, burn, or expel them.
4. While many countries of the world are now embracing migrants and fugitives from war-torn areas, it is surprising that the Myanmar government is rejecting and slaying its people - who have been living in the land for decades- through inhuman and brutal methods.
5. Apart from extremist Buddhists, the role of "Takfirists" and "Wahhabis" should not be overlooked either. These terrorist groups, supported by the Petrodollars of some marginal Arab countries of the Persian Gulf,are dispersing hatred and Islamophobia in the world, having no mercy on Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and followers of any religion. They are actually puppets of Zionists, stirring up turmoil and fanning the fire of conflict between Muslims and Buddhists.
6. The US government and the rest of arrogant powers, who, with a small amount of violence from extremist Muslims, voice their protests all over the world, have remained silent or inactive against many years of brutal genocide in Myanmar, and continue to express ineffective words and adopt double standard stances.
7. We call on the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and Muslim governments to prevent the continuation of genocide by pressuring the Government of Myanmar and human rights organizations. As "Imam Khamenei" stated in his Hajj message: "Defending oppressed Muslim minorities, like the innocent people of Myanmar, is a task of the Heads of Islamic countries and all political, religious and cultural elites ofMuslim World."
8. While warning the Myanmar government of the consequences of these crimes, we invite the parties to peaceful dialogues and resolving the crisis within the framework of ethical standards and international laws.
9. We also appeal to freedom-loving and Muslim people throughout the globe to voice their protests in various ways; maybe there is a conscience which is still awake and can prevent the oppression on humankind in the name of religion.
“Those who were expelled from their homes unjustly, only because they said, ‘Allah is our Lord’; and…had not Allah repulsed the people from one another, ruin would have befallen the monasteries, churches, synagogues and mosques in which Allah’s Name is much invoked. Allah will surely help those who help Him. Indeed Allah is all-Strong, all-Mighty.
(The Holy Quarn: Surah al-Hajj: Verse 40)
The Ahlulbayt World Assembly
5 September 2017